Iowa Rebates Increase by 50% Effective July 1, 2020
Published July 2020
MidAmerican of Iowa Announces 50% Rebate Increase
MidAmerican Energy recently announced a 50% rebate increase for most high-efficiency equipment, including energy-efficient lighting options. This comes in an effort to help customers reduce out-of-pocket expenses during the pandemic.
Effective July 1st, 2020, rebates will increase by 50% for certain high efficiency electric and natural gas equipment for residents and small businesses customers in Iowa through December 31, 2020.
“This increase will help assist low-income, residential and small business customers which have suffered significant economic hardships due to COVID-19 and help to reduce the out-of-pocket costs incurred by customers due to equipment failures,” – MidAmerican
If your business resides in the Iowa MidAmerican Energy territory and has been impacted by the pandemic, or you have been waiting for more incentives to assess your lighting system, now is the time.
As a MidAmerican Trade Ally, we will support you through this process, filing and processing paperwork and identifying your eligibility as well as walk you through your project options.
Process for Special Iowa Rebates:
- Contact Us first to discuss your project needs and your current situation. We may be able to find multiple programs that can support your lighting needs in addition to this Iowa rebate program increase. We need to identify all qualifying programs to ensure the best outcome for your business.
- Rebate paperwork will need to be filled out and submitted to MidAmerican Energy. TRC will work through this with you; we have a rebate team that works with MidAmerican regularly and can walk you through the process.
- December 31, 2020: Equipment must be installed and operating between July 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Rebates are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Qualifying Lighting Equipment: The following equipment falls under the new rebate program (contact us for details on your project and qualifying equipment).
- LED troffer fixtures
- Retrofit kit for LED troffers
- LED linear hanging fixtures
- LED low or high bay fixtures
- Retrofit kit for LED low or high bay fixtures
- LED linear replacement lamps
- LED outdoor area lighting, building exterior fixtures, parking garage fixtures
- Ceiling-mounted LED parking garage fixtures
- …and more
- Full specs on Mid-Year Rebate Program for Businesses
These incentives have never been seen before and opportunities for more cash back have never been more readily available to businesses in Iowa. Call us at 800-795-1230 with any questions or to see if your project qualifies for these time-sensitive Iowa rebate increases.
How can you take advantage of rebate programs in 2020?