Commercial EV Charging Installation
Contact our team for a free consultation and to learn more about installing Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations at your location.
Types of Commercial EV Chargers
Level 2 and Level 3 are the primary types of Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Stations. Choosing the correct option for your property depends on the vehicle type(s) you are servicing, the charging speed you are looking for and your existing electrical infrastructure.
Installing a Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Station requires professional electrical service. Our team at Retrofit Electric will help you determine the right location for your charger(s) and install according to manufacturer specifications and your electrical infrastructure. We are a turn-key provider and complete everything in-house, including design, procurement and installation.
Request a consultation to learn about the correct type of Commercial EV Charger for your business.
Level 2 – 208/240 Volt
- Faster charging option, often not included with purchase of EV
- Requires dedicated 208 or 240-volt circuit
- Electrician required for installation and any service panel upgrades
- Can provide 25-40 miles of range for every hour of charging
- A common option for commercial real estate – fleet charging, multi-family, and other property owners
Level 3 – 480 volt
- Fastest charging option
- May be used for public charging
- Requires 480-volt service
- Can provide up to 3-20 miles of range per minute of charging
- May be found near major roadways or major retailers (such as grocery, convenience etc.)
Commercial EV Charging Station Locations
Retrofit Electric provides property assessment, installation and follow-up support for a wide variety of commercial properties. Some examples of our Electric Vehicle Charging Station customers include:
- Property Owners
- Commercial Real Estate
- Auto Dealerships
- Light Duty Fleets
- Transit Bus Fleets
- School Bus Fleets
- Multifamily Buildings
- Public Charging
- Golf Courses
Adding EV charging is highly beneficial for property owners to attract tenants or customers to their properties. There are low-cost turn-key services to support your infrastructure, including the design and build-out.
How Can I Fund My EV Charging Unit?
There are multiple rebate and funding options available to support the upfront cost of EV charging stations.
Many utility companies, such as Xcel Energy, are continually developing incentives to offset the cost of Commercial EV Charging Units. You can reach out to us directly to help you learn about available rebate programs near you.
Administration Support: Minnesota stands to get several billion dollars through the recently passed Infrastructure Bill by President Biden, specifically a noted $68 million to MN for new EV charging stations. Contact us to learn more about how these dollars can offset your upfront installation cost.
How Much Does an EV Charging Station Cost?
Commercial EV Charging Station costs depend on charger type, your property’s electrical setup and wiring. Electrical panel upgrades or circuit wiring upgrades may be required to add new outlets to support your type of charger. Tax benefits, utility incentives, rebates and government mandates are all drivers of Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Station installations.
Installing EV Charging Stations
Our certified team at Retrofit Electric is well versed in best practices and guidelines for preparing your site for EV charging installation.
Prior to installation, we will assess the property and prepare for installation. Our team will:
- Identify the necessary electrical infrastructure to operate the charging station(s)
- Ensure all conduit and wire is pulled to the station location(s)
- Ensure concrete work is completed properly to support the stations
- Identify and install any cellular repeaters if necessary
- TIP: Choose your location wisely. It’s important to consider the electrical infrastructure that supports current and future needs for EV charging to help avoid costly upgrades later as demands for EV charging continue to grow. Charger installations are intended to be semi-permanent.
Would you like more information on AC voltage, Electrical Output, Safety Features or other product specifications? We are happy to provide more detailed information – please contact our Retrofit Electric team here.
What Happens to the Old EV Car Batteries When They Need to be Replaced?
Batteries used in Electric Vehicles are recyclable through our Battery Recycling Program. There is more information on battery types, end-of-life process, packaging guidelines and recycling guidelines on our Universal Waste page. Don’t forget, our Battery Recycling Guides are free to download.
If you would like to schedule a recycling pickup, click here and we will arrange on-site pickup for your location.