5 Things You Should Know About 2020 Energy Rebates in Minnesota
Published March 2020
Minnesota rebate programs have been busy rolling out major updates to their 2020 rebate terms. Updates include “bonus rebates,” extended timelines, and newly qualifying lamps/tubes/fixtures.
This is big news for businesses that are considering a lighting retrofit or have been waiting for more incentives to support their lighting upgrade projects. LED lighting upgrades in Minnesota just got easier.
Great news for MN Xcel Energy commercial electric customers; for a limited time you can earn bonus rebate dollars on select LED lamps and fixtures. Thinking about upgrading to energy-saving LED’s? Here are the details:
- Double rebates: Minnesota commercial electric Xcel Energy customers can earn double rebates on select LED lamps and tubes
- 25% bonus rebate: Minnesota commercial electric Xcel Energy customers can earn 25% bonus rebates on select LED fixtures
- March 1 – August 31: Qualifying projects must be submitted between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
- PROMO CODE: Download the guide (below) to get your custom promo code to use on your 2020 rebate application.
These incentives are HUGE opportunities for more cash back and the time to act is now. Call us at 507-455-2192 with any questions or to see if your project qualifies for these time-sensitive extra rebates. You may also visit Xcel Energy: Business Lighting Efficiency to learn more.
As part of their mission to help small and mid-sized businesses become more energy efficient, starting March 1, 2020, One-Stop will offer bonus rebates for select LED products.
This is even more reason to move forward with any lighting upgrades you have been considering for your business. One-Stop rebates are available throughout Xcel Energy’s Minnesota service territory to small businesses with a monthly electric demand of 400 kilowatts or less. Here are the details on CEE’s 2020 rebate updates:
- Bonus Rebate Tiers and Caps
- $200/kW – $0.10 kWh – 75% cap
- non-DLC rated fixtures/kits, LED tubes, HID replacement type B lamps (DLC rated)
- $400/kW – $0.20 kWh – 75% cap
- DLC rated fixtures/kits, DLC rated high-bay fixtures/kits (replacing HIDs)
- $800/kW – $0.40 kWh – 75% cap
- DLC Premium rated high bay fixtures/kits (replacing high or aisle bay fluorescent fixtures)
- Screw-in and exterior rebates will stay the same
- $200/kW – $0.10 kWh – 75% cap
- To Qualify for the Bonus
- Qualifying equipment must be purchased between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020.
- Install qualified equipment and submit invoices to Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) no later than November 30, 2020.
If you have any questions or concerns about these CEE bonus rebates, please contact one of our lighting team members or call us at 507-455-2192. We are excited for you to take advantage of these special cash back offers in 2020!
The majority of rebate programs, including programs in Minnesota, require pre-approval before new materials are purchased.
Industry research indicates this portion of the rebate process is greatly improving, significantly decreasing the historical average of 29-days down to 18-days.
Rebate processes continue to streamline, move to digital applications, and require fewer or simpler utility applications. This is an important part of your project to keep in mind; purchasing or installing lights before you have official pre-approval can result in missed cash-back opportunities.
- Specialized Rebate Team: The Retrofit Companies, Inc. works with thousands of customers every year in filing and processing rebates and applications, making sure to find every little detail that can save your bottom line. Let our specialized team handle the ins-and-outs of the rebate process, we know our stuff!
Call us at 507-455-2192 with any questions or to see if your project qualifies for these time-sensitive extra rebates.
4) Spring Into Action
Springtime, specifically starting March 1, 2020, is the hot time to jump all over these rebate deals. Though the Xcel Energy and CEE rebates mentioned above note that projects can be submitted through August 31, 2020, it is not advised to wait to begin these projects.
Lighting upgrade projects can be seamless when you work with a certified lighting partner, but scrambling at the last minute to reach state-wide deadlines can be very unforgiving. Don’t wait to start the conversation, give our team a call today or schedule a free meeting. These rebates may decrease or disappear next year, so why wait?
5) It Can Be Hard Work
Rebates can be cumbersome, time consuming, and very technical. Missed deadlines, new application rules and regulations, and tons of little details can leave customers scratching their head throughout the whole process.
Specialized Rebate Team: The Retrofit Companies, Inc. works with thousands of customers every year, filing and processing custom rebates and applications, making sure to find every little detail that can save your bottom line. Let our specialized team handle the ins-and-outs of the rebate process, we know our stuff.
Our Lighting Customers always marvel at the level of detail our rebate team achieves with every project, as well as the detailed ways to achieve overall payback through our Lighting Energy Study. It all works together in our turn-key LED Lighting Energy Design Services.