5 Ways to Save Money When Your Building is Empty [checklist]
Published March 2020 by COVID-19Energy EfficiencyEnvironmental ResponsibilityEnvironmental ServicesExterior LightingLEDLED Lighting OptionsLED RetrofitLighting ControlsLighting Design
Is Your Building Empty or Semi-Occupied?
5 quick ways to save money with an empty building. Businesses around the world are still adjusting to a new normal, which may include empty or semi-occupied buildings. Here are some easy ways you can save energy in your building, reduce overhead costs and simply save money!
Save Money In Other Ways
These are general suggestions on how to save money with an empty or semi-occupied building. Every building is unique and may have additional ways to save on energy.
- For example, does your facility have a pool? Consider lowering the temperature of the water.
- Have you looked into the tax benefits of energy-efficient lighting? (Quick guide HERE)
- Are your exterior lights causing you to lose money without you realizing it?
Below are some resources that may answer any additional questions you have (unrelated to Lighting…we can help with those questions!) about your facility during this time.
COVID-19 Resources for Various Business Types:
- Guidance for Building Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic (ASHRAE)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
- Public Pool Closure Guide (Horizon Pool Supply)
- COVID-19 Control and Prevention (OSHA)
- COVID-19: Guidance for Administrators of K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs (CDC)
Chat for Free with a Lighting Expert Over the Phone!
Now is a great time to consider more energy efficient lighting in your facility.