5 Ways to Save Money When Your Building is Empty [checklist]
Published March 2020 by COVID-19Energy EfficiencyEnvironmental ResponsibilityEnvironmental ServicesExterior LightingLEDLED Lighting OptionsLED RetrofitLighting ControlsLighting Design
Is Your Building Temporarily Unoccupied?
As businesses across the country adjust to new work schedules, building closures and financial hardships, we wanted to share some easy ways you can save energy in your building and reduce some of your costs.
These are general suggestions for all facility types, however every building is unique and may have additional ways to save on energy. For example, does your facility have a pool? Consider lowering the temperature of the water. Below are some resources that may answer any additional questions you have (unrelated to Lighting…we can help with those questions!) about your facility during this time.
COVID-19 Resources for Various Business Types:
- Guidance for Building Operations During the COVID-19 Pandemic (ASHRAE)
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 (OSHA)
- Public Pool Closure Guide (Horizon Pool Supply)
- COVID-19 Control and Prevention (OSHA)
- COVID-19: Guidance for Administrators of K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs (CDC)
Chat for Free with a Lighting Expert Over the Phone!
Now is a great time to consider more energy efficient lighting in your facility.