Position: Warehouse Associate
Do you enjoy staying active with physical work? Do you love a position where your attention to detail and forward thinking can really make other employees thrive? If so, this is the job for you! The Retrofit Companies, Inc., a growing, Woman Owned Small Business with a focus on Electrical Construction and EV charging, as well as LED lighting design and implementation, is looking to add a warehouse associate to our dynamic team in Owatonna, MN. This role reports to the Procurement & Service Coordinator.
Summary: The Warehouse Associate will oversee all aspects of warehouse functionality, such as maintaining stock levels, receiving product, inventorying materials, and mobilizing materials and equipment for lighting & electric installations, loading/unloading/maintaining trailers and handling recycling drop off transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep safety a priority and ensure compliance of all company and regulatory safety requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with co-workers, managers, and customers.
- Cross train to cover tasks of Lighting & Electric Procurement & Service Coordinator when out
- Manage the company’s inventory levels to determine when new purchases are needed.
- Manage recycling inventory, sorting, and transportation scheduling.
- Service the walk-in customer for recycling. Processes payment transactions.
- Plan for trailer usage to match schedule
- Load and unload job trailers for/from project installs
- Record details for material returns and give to Lighting & Electric Procurement & Service Coordinator
- Coordinate potential, additional storage options if capacity is an issue.
- Schedule and manage fire extinguisher inspections
- Maintain inventory of company tools, lifts, equipment and whereabouts
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse
- Update Material Receipt Status on Tracker
- Maintain sold job schedule with accurate material receipt status
- Track receipt of goods – log per process and enter in Sage
- Schedule incoming and outgoing shipments and follow up with vendors to check in on late or missing shipments or to report damaged goods.
- Perform light maintenance on trucks, trailers, and forklift
- Run trailers/trucks/deliveries to/from jobsites
- Process outgoing shipments from our warehouse for supply and/or warranty.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Lighting & Electrical materials experience preferred
- Basic computer skills, experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to learn other applications required
- Experience with order processing and CRM preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret shipping documents. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints. Ability to communicate with customers, employees and managers effectively.
- Prolonged periods of standing, bending and lifting.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 75 lbs, occasionally 100 lbs, seldom 150 lbs with mechanical assistance
- Must be willing and able to learn to drive a forklift.
Pay: $20-$30/hour, depending on experience and abilities.
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance, dental & vision
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan that includes a company match
- Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Hospital Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
Please email HR@retrofitcompanies.com.
|The Retrofit Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer|