Environmental Specialist II
Little Canada, MN (on-site)
The role of the Environmental Specialist II is to provide Environmental Service labor for the proper evaluation, removal, packaging, shipment and disposal of wastes within TRC’s environmental division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Characterize, package, and transport chemical waste products at customer sites in accordance with EPA, DOT, and any other applicable requirements.
- Generate and/or complete all shipping documents, profiles, labels, and markings for each inbound chemical waste shipment.
- Safely operate equipment including but not limited to forklift, CDL truck, pumps, vacuums, and hand tools.
- Keep and maintain accurate logs including ELD (driving logs), vehicle inspections, and facility inspections.
- Manage large environmental projects with multiple subcontractors.
- Attend project development meetings with sales staff and generate simple environmental estimates.
- Maintain positive and professional customer relationships.
- Process universal waste aerosols for outbound shipment.
- Process/sort universal waste including but not limited to batteries, electronics, latex paint, bulbs and ballasts.
- Keep hazardous waste storage area clean and organized.
- Prepare weekly outbound hazardous waste shipments.
- Provide direction to assigned Environmental Services Technician(s) while on job sites.
- Assess job site safety and discuss site safety plan with assigned Environmental Services Technician(s).
- Work Saturday Community Collection Events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides direction to assigned Environmental Technician to maintain job site safety and efficiency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the hazardous waste industry required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage environmental projects.
- Class B CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements.
- Pass DOT mandated drug screening and TSA background checks
- Pass DOT Physical and obtain Medical Card
- Pass Pulmonary Fitness Test for respirator use
- Forklift Certification
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex technical documents. Ability to respond effectively to technical questions. Ability to communicate effectively with employees, managers, and customers.
This position requires the individual to have access to confidential customer information. To successfully perform this position, confidentiality of the information with which the individual has contact must be maintained.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of sitting in a commercial motor vehicle.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Periodic respirator use required (must be clean-shaven during use)
Pay: $24-$27/hour, depending on experience and abilities.
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that not all of the duties are described above, and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my manager and management. I further understand that employment is at-will, and that either I or my employer may terminate the employment relationship at any time.
- Paid PTO and holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance, dental & vision
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) retirement plan that includes a company match
- Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Hospital Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & Long-Term Disability
- Education and Training Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
Qualified candidates please apply here
|The Retrofit Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer