Retrofit Electric, a division of The Retrofit Companies, Inc., is looking for another rain maker! Come grow with us as the electrical estimator for construction and renovation projects and win more bids as part of a Woman-Owned Small Business. We’re looking for a driven, hard worker, that truly values building friendships and loves the role of providing work for a top-notch team of Electricians. Enjoy flexible officing and a supportive team. This position will report to the Electrical Estimating & Project Operations Manager.
Summary: The Electrical Estimator accurately, and efficiently estimates and assists with management of projects by building relationships directly with new and existing GCs or direct clients in need of commercial/industrial design build, construction, renovation and EV charging. As needed, they will also support the efforts of the sales & development staff by estimating electrical portions of lighting projects and EV chargers for existing or potential clients.
Essential Duties, Skills and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, McCormick Estimating Software or Accubid
- 3+ years of experience estimating construction projects
- Source opportunities to bid through relationships or public solicitations
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work
- Support organization by meeting or exceeding revenue and gross margin goals.
- Effective time management, including the ability to manage workload, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Prepare accurate estimates for remodels, new construction, design builds, or renovation projects
- Collaborate with procurement, project coordinator and project foreman to ensure success of projects
- Analyze Prints
- Prepare professionally detailed proposals
- Professionally and efficiently support customer inquiries for electrical work
- Attend project kick-off meetings and job sites, as needed, during estimating and implementation stages
- Work as an individual or as a team, sourcing and estimating construction, renovation, and design build opportunities
- Participate, as required, in the final review and presentation of estimates
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Presentation and Communication skills (including virtual)
- Competent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to forecast opportunities
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years experience independently & effectively estimating and managing electrical projects in construction industry (required), with ideal mix of construction, renovation, and design build experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, McCormick Estimating Software or Accubid, required
- Experience with electrical conceptual estimating, common code requirements, design/build estimating, preferred
- Reliable transportation to job sites located in Southern MN and the Twin Cities, Metro area of MN.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, subs and electrical foremen in a written and verbal manner.
Confidentiality Requirements: This position requires numbers, costs, and other proprietary information to remain confidential and not be shared outside of our company.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel to job sites and customer locations, as needed.
- Ability to complete effective on-site evaluations of a variety of construction sites
Mileage reimbursement, phone, remote work set-up
Benefits include: Employer paid medical option, 401K, PTO
The pay range for the Electrical Estimator role is $85,000-$100,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.
The Retrofit Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.