Exterior LED Lighting Upgrade
Published August 2016 by Case Study GalleryExterior LightingLED RetrofitRetrofit Case Study
This hotel had inefficient metal halide and incandescent lamps lighting the exterior of their building, with many burned out lamps. The result was a poor quality light that demanded a fair amount of attention and money to maintain. Business managers decided to take action and develop a plan for their exterior LED lighting upgrade with help from The Retrofit Companies.
Before the installation of new lamps and fixtures, TRC project developers came on site to do an ‘audit’ or count of every type of lamp, wattage, and placement for each that existed in the hotel’s exterior lighting system. With this model and insight of the client’s goals, the project developer selects new, energy-efficient lighting options to build a new system. Reports are generated to show existing versus proposed lighting systems that calculate energy-savings, environmental impact, and anticipated utility cost reductions – even rebates. Keep reading to see the specifics for this project!
PROJECT GOALS & SUCCESSES
- Inefficient Metal Halide and Incandescent fixtures retired & recycled
- Improved light quality
- Annual savings over $2699
- Dramatically reduced maintenance costs with long life technology
- New fixtures contain no mercury
- LED works great in cold weather
PROJECT SUMMARY FACTS
- Annual lighting cost for exterior lighting reduced by 76%
- Utility Rebate for this project was $3393
- kW & kWh reduction = 24%
Total greenhouse gas reduction Metric Tons equivalent to: 19.5
- Passenger cars not driven for one year 3.8
- Gallons of gasoline saved 2180
- Tons of waste recycled vs. land filled 6.78
Interested in more lighting case study examples? We have shared many!